* Calls for a police investigation. The Taxpayers Federation has suggested the Winnipeg police or RCMP be involved. The union that represents Winnipeg police added its voice to the idea, but says the RCMP should do it to avoid any hint of political interference.
* Outside lawyers being brought in to take a second look at whether the audit indicates any illegal activity beyond the unethical preferential treatment that was uncovered. “I think that there (are) lingering questions that need to be answered,” said Coun. Scott Fielding, the chairman of the city's standing policy committee on protection and community services.
* Renewed calls for the creation of an Ethics Commissioner for Winnipeg
* Calls from other councillors -- and thousands of Winnipeggers -- for Mayor Sam Katz to quit
* A plea from one city councillor, at least, for the province to intervene.
And that's on top of thousands of pri…